Middle East Special
Multiple members of the BOUW team worked together in the Middle East as part of a Special Forces Ranges Program to complete the following:
- Special Forces Facilities Feasibility Studies.
- Design Development and management of PMCA.
- Construction Management.
- Procurement and Schedule Management.
- Master Planning.
- Procurement and construction phases of the program.
- Configuration and planning of existing systems and structures to support the training, operations and capability development of the assets and force development.
Key responsibility is to establish an Operational & Facilities Management organisation to manage the estate, including Range Control organization, facility maintenance and logistics systems to support Special Forces estate and the new state of art:
- Weapons Ranges and Training Facilities including:
- 16 x 100m Indoor Fire and Movement Range IFMR (360 degree Range);
- 1 x 50m Indoor Fire and Movement Range IFMR (360 degree Range);
- 30 x 400m & 500m MTR and Sniper Ranges;
- 6 x 25m Ranges NDA,
- RCR – Room Combat Range
- 16 x Range Control Facilities
- Fire & Movement Ranges
- Battle Inoculation Range
- Demolition Range
- Virtual Simulation Range – VIRTSIM
- Combined Admin Facilities
- MOUT Facilities
- Climbing Rope Facilities
- Method of Entry Villas (MOE)
- Gas Mask Training Facility
- Search Facility
- Method of Entry House
- Maritime Counter Terror Facility
- Skills Villa / Urban Ops Village
- Aircraft Mock Up
- Electronic target systems
- Audio visual equipment
- Communications network and infrastructure
- HVAC systems designed for contaminated environments.
Key experience and skills include:
- Ballistic Materials procurement, testing and commissioning
- Bullet Trap Design
- Polytonic Target Systems
- Range Policy standards and requirements:
- Line painting
- OHS Signage
- Fire exit
- Safety requirements for 360 degree ranges
- Range furniture
- Indoor Ranges Lead Management
- Whole of life design considerations
- Range Danger Area – Templates
- Polytronic Factory Acceptance Testing
- Thiessen Target System Installation and Commissioning
- Testing and commissioning of Polytronic Target Systems
- Weapon Systems training aids and range furniture procurement design
- Range technician training
- Ballistic testing protocols for:
- Rubber Lamels
- Bullet Trap
- Rubber Lamels fire testing
- HVAC commissioning and airflow testing procedures
- Services and structure coordination for target systems
John Moroney Correctional Complex Range Peer Review BOUW were engaged by BGIS to complete a peer review of the range design and maintenance recommendations for